Sunday, September 2, 2007

6/23/07

Went in today a little nervous since I wasn't supposed to go in and I didn't want to, but it went well and I wanted to help out. Clipped nails, gave vaccines and got blood all right. My one big point of excitement was getting blood from a cat, of which this was only my second time. I also gave a cat a wrong vaccine, distemper instead of leukemia. I talked to the doctors and they said it was fine, but I still had a little heart attack moment. Since I was the closer, I stayed late and wrapped things, and wrapped UP things, including a very irritating phone call to a man who was convinced that I had told him his dog was heartworm positive, when in fact it was just slightly lyme positive...something that he already knew. All in all, a good, fast-paced day.

No comments: