Sunday, September 9, 2007

7/31/07

My last week! I'm sort of sad to be going, but I'm excited to have a week or so off before school, heh.

Did another dental today, a medium-sized dog, and then got to do a cat. I didn't do any extractions, but the mouth on the dog was horrendous. Man, doing dental work gives a whole new meaning to 'dog breath'. Phew.

Doing dentals took up most of the day for me, then in the afternoon I called the owners, did the bills, and then stayed a bit later to help out and do the go homes. I got to do everything from start to finish, putting up the pre-meds, catheters, intubating (with a little help, heh), doing the procedure, writing up the chart, calling the owner, billing, post-op meds, and then the go home appointment. I feel like I have a grasp on the whole picture now, and not just bits and pieces of them, like I did before. Good day!

No comments: