Sunday, September 9, 2007

7/12/07

One good thing about reception is that I am strictly 8-5...and I get out mostly on time, too! I feel like a bank worker, except for the fact that I don't think they ever have people yelling at them about why we can't see their pet, yes we're sorry but we're full up and yes we understand that your pet is sick, but if it's been so sick for THREE WEEKS, maybe you should have come in sooner, maybe? Here, have the number for BEVS. Grrr. It's always the people going on vacation that have left their vomiting/diarrhea/limping/not eating/lethargic for a month dog till the night before they leave, like it's picking up that last-minute bag of charcoal. Then, of course, they get snippy with us when we're understaffed with techs, full to the gills with appointments and fit-in slots (where they come with the understanding that we'll see them....we just don't have a specific time, so they have to wait) and tech appointments. We want to help, but you gotta help us help you and not be a jackass about it. Sigh. Makes me remember why I quit being a receptionist in the first place. I'd rather wrestle with an over-eager dog any day.

On an even more frustrating side note, a kitty victim of a dog attack came in...and didn't make it. Sad, yes, but the frustrating part is that this is not the first time. These people used to have five cats. I'll give you a guess at how many they have now. Do not get cats if your dogs are cat killers! Grrr.

No comments: