Sunday, September 9, 2007

7/18/07

Second to last day of reception! The little things are fun in reception....being able to drink coffee while I work (instead of putting it down, wrestle with a dog/cat, come back for a tepid sip....), and wearing fun office clothes. Not that I don't love wearing my 'pajamas' to work every day (really, who thought up the concept of scrubs, because they are my favorite person for work wear causal), but it's the girl in me that likes pinstriped dress pants.

Brought some donuts today and got to munch on one while I was doing the morning paper shuffle (making sure we have all the files for today and they have the correct information for the client, an anesthesia consent form if its surgery, and a 'travel sheet', which is basically a huge run down of everything we offer and charge for so that the vet can highlight or circle what they want the receptionists to put into the computer for chargers. Good system, actually). Nothing like a just-made chocolate icing donut and coffee. Mmm.

In terms of medicine, not much to talk about today (that I could see). No emergency surgeries or anything really spectacular. More thunderstorm anxiety calls, though, and a rash of lost pooches from the storms. Poor things.

No comments: